1. The Purpose of this Agreement
1.1 YORenters Services Sdn Bhd (‘YORenters’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) are committed to protecting and respecting your personal data privacy and complying with data protection principles and provisions under applicable laws. Our registered office address is B-01-08, Seri Gembira Avenue, Jalan Senang Ria, Taman Gembira, 58200 WP Kuala Lumpur. Our company number is 1353921-X.
2. The Terms and Conditions
4. When is Your Information Collected?
4.1 The instances of when We may collect personal data and information about you:
- when you submit any form, including, but not limited to, application forms or other forms related to registering your User Account, whether online or by way of a physical form;
- when you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions with us, or when you use our services;
- when you interact with us, such as via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, fax, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms and emails;
- when you use our electronic services, or interact with us via our application or use services on YORenters.com. This includes, without limitation, through cookies which we may deploy when you interact with YORenters.com;
- when you carry out transactions through YORenters.com;
- when you provide us with feedback or complaints;
- when you register for a promotion or contest; or
- when you submit your personal data to us for any reason.
4.2 The instances above are not purported to be exhaustive and sets out some common instances of when personal data and information about you may be collected.
5. What Information is Collected?
5.1 User Account
When registering your User Account or when amending any information of your User Account, We may collect details of your Personal Information such as but not limited to:
- your full name;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- date of birth;
- shipping and billing address;
- bank account and payment information;
- any other information about the User when the User signs up to use YORenters.com as a registered User, and when the User is using YORenters.com, as well as information related to how the User uses YORenters.com; and
- any aggregate data on content the User engages with.
Your email and password will be used on login so you can securely access and maintain your account.
5.2 When browsing YORenters.com
At the time of bookings for any intended Items or when using the provided services, We may collect and process certain information (which may contain your Personal Information or may contain non-personally identifiable information but nevertheless linked to your Personal Information) including but not limited to:
- Copies of correspondence (whether by email, instant or personal messaging or otherwise) between you and us and between you and the Operators.
- Details of your usage of this Website (including traffic data, location data and length of user sessions).
- Feedback on and responses to surveys conducted by YORenters relating to YORenters.com and newsletters which may be published, circulated or distributed by YORenters.
- Information automatically collected and stored in our server or the server of our third party service providers by using or accessing YORenters.com (including the log-in name and password for your User Account, your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser information, pages visited, previous or subsequent sites visited).
We might also collect information from communications you make through the platform and other information about how you use the website.
5.4 Social Media
We will also collect Information from any social media accounts that you share with us or sign up with.
When viewing web pages, your computer sends information which may include personal data about you that gets logged by a web server when you browse our website. This typically includes but not limited to your computer's IP address, operating system, browser name/version, the referring web page, requested page, date/time, and sometimes a "cookie" (which can be disabled using your browser preferences) to help the site remember your last visit. If you are logged in, this information is associated with your personal account. The information is also included in anonymous statistics to allow us to understand how visitors use our site.
5.6 User Support
We provide customer service support through email, SMS and feedback forms. In order to provide customer support, we will ask for your email address and mobile phone number. We only use information received from customer support requests, including, without limitation, email addresses, for customer support services and we do not transfer to or share this information with any third parties.
5.7 Research and Survey Information
At certain points in time, we may request information from Users via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose your information to us. Information requested may include, without limitation, contact information (such as your email address), and demographic information (such as interests or age level). Survey information will be used for the purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of YORenters.com and will not be transferred to third parties, other than our contractors who help us to administer or act upon the survey.
5.8 Opting Out
If you do not want us to collect the aforementioned information/personal data, you may opt out at any time by notifying us in writing about it. Further information on opting out can be found in the section 13 below entitled "Making Changes to Your Information" . Note, however, that opting out of us collecting your personal data or withdrawing your consent for us to collect, use or process your personal data may affect your use of YORenters.com.
6. How is Your Information being Used?
YORenters will not sell your Personal Information to third parties. Instead we may collect, use, disclose and process your Personal Information for one or more of the following reasons:
- to appraise and process your account registration and/or transaction with us or your transactions and/or communications with third parties via YORenters.com;
- to regulate, manage, operate, administer and provide your use of and/or access to YORenters.com, as well as your User Account with us;
- to regulate, manage, operate, administer and provide you with as well as to facilitate the provision of our services, such as recalling your recently searched items on YORenters.com;
- to customize your experience through YORenters.com by displaying content that matches your interests and preferences, providing a quick method for you to access your account and submit information to us and to allow us to contact you, whenever necessary;
- to respond to, process, deal with or complete an order and/or to fulfil your requests for certain services and notify you of site issues and unusual account activities;
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of others;
- for user identification and/or account verification;
- to oversee, regulate and provide any software updates and/or support that may be required periodically to ensure the smooth running of YORenters.com;
- to process and facilitate customer service, carry out your requests, deal with or respond to any enquiries given by (or purported to be given by) you or on your behalf;
- to liaise and/or contact you via voice call, text message, fax message, email, postal mail and/or otherwise for the purpose of regulating and/or managing your relationship with us or your use of YORenters.com, such as but not limited to communicating administrative information to you relating to YORenters.com. You acknowledge and agree that such communication by us could be by way of the mailing of correspondence, documents or notices which could involve disclosure of certain personal data about you to bring about delivery to you which may appear on the external cover of envelopes/mail packages;
- to allow other users to interact or connect with you on YORenters.com, including to inform you when another User has opened communications or has posted a review for you on YORenters.com;
- to examine market activity, research, analysis and development activities (including, but not limited to, data analytics, surveys, product and service development and/or profiling), to analyse how you use YORenters.com, to improve our services and to further enhance your customer experience;
- to facilitate research and surveys to substantiate the size and make-up of our target audience, and understand their experience with YORenters.com;
- to produce statistics and research for internal and statutory reporting and/or record-keeping requirements;
- to audit the services provided on YORenters.com;
- to store, host, back up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your personal data;
- any other purposes which we will notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent.
To exercise our legitimate business interests (which doesn't involve overriding your privacy rights), we may use your data to market products, services or new features we think you’ll be interested in online or via text and email.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that YORenters may access, preserve and disclose your Account Information and User Content if required to do so by law or pursuant to an order of a court or by any governmental or regulatory authority having jurisdiction over YORenters or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with legal processes;
- comply with a request from any governmental or regulatory authority having jurisdiction over YORenters;
- respond to any threatened or actual claims asserted against YORenters;
- respond to your requests for customer service; or
- protect the rights, property or personal safety of YORenters, its users and/or the wider public.
7. Where is Your Information Stored?
7.3 Payment Information
All payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party services provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using online encryption technology. You are responsible for keeping your chosen password confidential and to not share your password with any third party.
7.4 Foreign Storage
We will retain personal data in accordance with the Privacy Laws and/or other applicable laws. That being said, we will destroy or anonymize your personal data as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data and retention is no longer necessary for any legal or business purposes.
YORenters does not give any representation, warranty or undertaking that the Personal Information you provide to us will be secure at all times, and to the extent YORenters has fulfilled its obligations under no circumstances shall YORenters be responsible for any losses, damages, costs and expenses which you may suffer or incur arising from unauthorised access of your Personal Information.
7.7 Ending Usage
8. Who is the Information Shared with?
8.1 Related parties
We have never and will never sell your data to third parties. That being said, your Personal Information and other data may be shared and disclosed to other third parties from time to time, of which some of whom may be located outside Malaysia. The related parties that may be privy to the sharing and disclosure of your information will be but not limited to, as follows:
- YORenters’ employees. This is only ever on an as-needed basis when it is required to accomplish their jobs.
- If you are a Renter, to the relevant Owner in connection with YORenters.com which you have made rental bookings on or intend to make rental bookings for.
- If you are an Owner, to any Renter showing an interest to your item listing in connection with YORenters.com.
Any third party organisation which supports any of our services you use, when they need it to offer such services, including:
- Stripe, our payment processors, who hold details from your rental and wallet transactions with us in order to verify your payment. These may include your name, Identification Documents, payment cards and bank accounts;
- Mailgun, our email delivery service provider;
- EasyParcel, our shipping delivery service provider;
- Chatra, our online user messaging (Live Chat) platform;
- Credit reference agencies;
- Analytical, Know Your Customer (KYC), Know Your Transaction (KYT) and cyber security service providers; and
- To other third party service providers (including Google Analytics), which we engage amongst others for the performance of certain services on our behalf, such as web hosting services, data analysis, marketing, market research, and to otherwise provide you with customer service.
- To our advisors, agencies or other parties concerned in order to protect the rights and property of YORenters.
- To any third parties who you have given explicit permission to share your information with via written consent (in which case we will make it possible for you to withdraw your consent as easily as it was to provide said consent).
- If and to the extent required by any applicable law, order of court or requests by any governmental authority to make such disclosure.
8.2 Third Party Websites
9. Disclaimer regarding Third Party Sites
9.1 Disclosure to Third Parties
Over the course of the business, we may need to disclose your personal data to our third party service providers, agents and/or our affiliates or related corporations, and/or other third parties, whether sited in Malaysia or outside of Malaysia, for one or more of the above-stated Purposes. Such third party service providers, agents and/or affiliates or related corporations and/or other third parties would be processing your personal data either on our behalf or otherwise, for one or more of the above-stated Purposes. Such third parties include but not limited to:
- our subsidiaries, affiliates and related corporations;
- Users of YORenters.com for one or more of the above-stated Purposes;
- contractors, agents, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business. These include but are not limited to those which provide administrative or other services to us such as mailing service providers, telecommunication companies, information technology companies and data centres;
- a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of YORenters’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation or an administration, in which personal data held by YORenters about our Users is among the assets transferred; or to a counterparty in a business asset transaction that YORenters or any of its affiliates or related corporations is involved in.
For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that Privacy Laws or other applicable laws permit an organisation such as us to collect, use or disclose your personal data without your consent, such permission granted by the laws shall continue to apply.
9.3 Uncontrollable Events
We ensure and strive to enhance reasonable security arrangements to protect your personal data as required by applicable Privacy Laws. That being said, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access personal data transmitted to or contained on YORenters.com, technologies may malfunction or not work as anticipated, or someone might access, abuse or misuse information, malicious malcontent and sophisticated hacking resulting in unauthorised disclosures. There can inevitably be no guarantee of absolute security and you understand and accept that YORenters is of no fault when to the best of efforts, all reasonable security measures have been thoroughly taken to circumvent such problems from arising in the first place.
9.4 When accessing other sites through YORenters.com
In an attempt to provide you with increased value through services provided on YOrenters.com, we may choose various third party websites to link to through participation in co-branding and other relationships to offer e-commerce and other services and features to our users. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies as well as security arrangements. Even if the third party is affiliated with us, we have no control over these linked sites, each of which has separate privacy and data collection practices independent of us. Data collected by our co-brand partners or third party web sites (even if offered on or through YORenters.com) may not be received by us. Therefore, we do not guarantee the security of personal data and/or other information that you provide on third party sites. You agree and accept that YORenters shall hold no responsibility or liability for the content, security arrangements (or lack thereof) and activities of these linked sites. These linked sites are only for your convenience and you therefore access them at your own risk. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of YORenters.com and the links placed upon each of them and therefore welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including, without limitation, if a specific link does not work).
10. Information on Children
10.1 The services provided on YORenters.com are not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or maintain any personal data or non-personally-identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 nor is any part of YORenters.com intended for use for children under the age of 18.
10.2 As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow such children under your care to submit personal data to YORenters. In the event that personal data of a child under the age of 18 in your care is disclosed to YORenters, you hereby consent to the processing of the child's personal data and accept and agree to be bound by this Policy on behalf of such child. We will close any accounts used exclusively by such children and will remove and/or delete any personal data we believe was submitted without any parental consent by any child under the age of 18.
11.1 Nature of Cookies
When accessing YORenters.com, information may be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. “Cookies” are identifiers we implement on your computer that allow us to recognize your computer and tell us how and when the website was used or visited, by how many users and to track movements within the website. Cookies also link to information regarding what items you have selected for rent and pages you have viewed. This information is used to keep track of your cart, for example. Cookies are also used to deliver content specific to your interest and to monitor website usage. With that being said, enabling cookies on YORenters.com will allow us to improve the site and the services we offer, or help us offer new services and features.
By visiting YORenters.com without changing your settings, you agree to receive all cookies and other data collection tools. However, if you do not accept the use of these cookies, you can change your cookie settings at any time. We use First Party, Session, Persistent and Third Party cookies to track what you’re doing on the site in order to help us improve it and give you a better experience in the future. Please note that cookies don’t store your banking details.
11.3 Disabling Cookies
12. Your Rights
12.1 You may at all times access, amend or delete your Personal Information through YORenters.com via the user portal, under “My Account”.
Alternatively if you can’t update yourself through your YORenters account, you may send in a request to us to access, amend or delete your Personal Information by emailing [email protected]
12.2 When handling a data access or amendment request, we have the right to check the identity of the requester to ensure that he/she is the person entitled to make said request.
You are advised to periodically change and instil a strong password related to your account and whenever available, to establish extra security measures to the login of your email address such as using a two-step verification procedure with your email service provider. You hereby acknowledge and agree that YORenters will not be responsible and/or liable for any losses caused or suffered by you under circumstances where your account is used by someone else without your prior consent. In addition you may be, up to the full extent of your accountability, be liable for the losses of YORenters or others due to such unauthorised use.
12.3 You also have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information and/or ask us to delete your data. However if you request to delete your data, do note that:
- We may retain certain information necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. E.g. if we suspend a YORenters account for fraud or safety reasons, we might retain certain information to prevent that user from opening another account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g. Reviews) may continue to be publicly visible even after your YORenters account is cancelled.
- We may but you can object to us using your data for direct marketing and in certain circumstances for legitimate business interests which is the enhancement of services provided on YORenters.com through research and statistical analysis.
12.4 Withdraw any consent you’ve previously given us. To do so, please get in touch at [email protected]
13. Making Changes to your Information
13.1 Access and/or Amendment of Personal Information
If you have an account with us, you may personally access and/or amend your Personal Information through the Account Settings page on YORenters.com. If for any reason you are unable to access your User Account to amend your Personal Information, you may send a request to us at [email protected] to assist you in accessing, amending and/or deleting your Personal Information from your User Account page. We will need enough information from you in order to confirm your identity as well as the nature of your request so as to be able to handle your request.
13.2 Applicable Fees
We may also be charging you a reasonable fee for the handling and processing of your requests to access your personal data. If we so choose to charge, we will provide you with a written estimate of the fee we will be charging. Please note that we are not required to respond to or deal with your access request unless you have agreed to pay the fee.
13.3 Our Right
We reserve the right to refuse to amend your personal data in accordance with the provisions as set out in Privacy Laws, where they require and/or entitle an organisation to refuse to amend personal data in stated circumstances.
To modify or to unsubscribe from our email subscriptions, click the link on your email from [email protected] or make a request by sending an email to [email protected] Please note that due to email production schedules, you may still receive emails that have already been set in production.
13.5 Withdrawing Consent
The YORenters support channel can be contacted at any time via [email protected] pertaining to enquiries for issues related but not limited to questions or concerns about our privacy practices or your interactions on YORenters.com, complaints or grievances regarding how we are handling your personal data or about how we are complying with Privacy Laws. We will most certainly strive to deal with any complaint or enquiry that you may have to the utmost of our capabilities.